Seven-year-old Olivia hands out protective masks to people who experience homelessness. Kids in Action host Simone interviews her about how she and her family established a charity called Olivia Dru Cares (https://www.oliviadrucares.com/). For every mask sold, she has been handing out a mask to people in need, so for the past few months, she’s been visiting food pantries and tent cities to make sure everyone’s protected. It’s Kids in Action having a heart for others and proclaiming Jesus’ love to the world.
He will spread his wings over you and keep you secure. His faithfulness is like a shield or a city wall.
1. How does your community struggle with homelessness? What happens there? Who helps feed hungry neighbors? Where is help given?
2. At the end of the video, seven-year-old Olivia challenges everyone when she says, “Don't see the world as it is but as you want it to be.” What does she mean? Once you’ve explained the quote, give some examples.
3. Talk about a time when you or a family member saw a problem that wasn’t right and decided that you needed to fix it.
4. How does knowing that God is in control help during the pandemic and other tough times?
5. Throughout Daniel’s life, God protected him, including a story about a lion’s den in Daniel 6. Talk about a time when you experienced God’s protection and faithfulness.