“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
1. What are important international stories of the day? What countries do people need to pray for? Go to a news source and pray for the people and places involved in each headline you see.
2. In the video, Abigail says, “ I shared what was happening and made it a prayer request with my class and teacher.” What were the different things that the class did in response to this prayer request?
3. Why is it important to learn about the world and the different countries in the world? Why is it important to pray for the different countries in the world?
4. Bring a world map to the dinner table, and choose a country for each week or month. Ask questions and explore the country. Where is it? Who are its neighbors? How do you spell it? Learn about its geography, the people, their culture, and problems. Is the Christian church growing there? As a family, pray for God’s justice and mercy in the country every day.
5. Never cease praying. Prayer is the best way to put our faith in action. After all, God wants us to ask for help, “You will turn back to me and ask for help, and I will answer your prayers” (Jeremiah 29:12). Talk about a time when you or a family member needed prayer or prayed for someone in need.