Kids in Action host Adrianna meets Emma, a community champion who thought outside the box and made a difficult hospital visit into a way to help others. It’s Kids in Action finding ways to show God’s love to those in bad times.
Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.”
1. Have you or a family member helped somebody out during a bad time? What happened?
2. Sherri Johnston who worked at the Ronald McDonald House says that they can support families in need “because of people like Emma, community champions who provide these comforts of home.” What are some ways that your family have been “community champions.” How are you involved in your neighborhood? Your community? Town or city?
3. Talk about a time when you put someone else’s need before your own need.
4. What is Jesus asking us to do when he says, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all”?
5. Read Psalm 82:3. Talk about some examples from the Bible where God, Jesus or one of God’s people defended someone who needed help, or helped the poor, or protected someone who was oppressed.